Mundan is one of the many important events in the life of a child born in a Hindu family. Mundan is the ceremonial removal of birth hair as they are said to contain the undesired traits of the child’s past life. The hair of the new born baby is considered impure and is also thought to bring negative effects of their past life to their future life. Thus, head shaving or Mundan is done to purify the soul of the new born so that he/she can have a prosperous future life.
On the Mundan day of the child, a special puja is organized to bring the blessings of the Lord to the child. A havan is conducted by a knowledgeable Pandit on this day while the ceremonial head shaving takes place. Post that, the childs’ head is washed with Gangajal to remove all the negative effects.
Importance of Mundan Puja
Mundan Puja should be done for every child because of the following reasons
- It removes the negativity and evil effects of past life from the child.
- Mundan puja gives your child better future and long life
- It protects child from the evil eyes of the others
- It purifies your child’s soul and the body
- Mundane ceremony of a teething child makes him feel more relaxed and comfortable
- It also promotes good hair growth
- Mundan puja is also said to improve the strength and nerves of the brain for child
Awakee will provide you with the most experienced and knowledgeable ‘Pandits’ for Mundan Puja so that the kid will have a blissful life. The Mundan Puja will be done as per the Vedic procedures, rituals and Shubh Puja Muhurat, thus adhering to the age old customs to ensure there is an abundance of health, wealth, and prosperity in kids’ future.
You can book your Mundan puja in advance as per the Shubh-Muhurat for yourself and for your loved ones to make sure that they are blessed with success and prosperity in their life.